POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone Henge with Meta ball Flubber : Re: Stone Henge with Meta ball Flubber Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone Henge with Meta ball Flubber
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 25 Apr 1999 19:49:08
Message: <37239be4.0@news.povray.org>
Scott McDonald <sco### [at] metrolinkcom> wrote in message
> Nicholas DePetrillo wrote:
> >
> > Oh by the way...It took about 30 min to render on my PC... 50 mgz
celeron,
> > (400 overclocked) and it was converted to Jpeg by adobe photoshop.
>
> 30 minutes is the forever it took to render?  <THWAP!>
> Interesting piece, would be more interesting with a bit of a ground
> texture and a sky though.  And of course would take much longer to
> render, but I think it'd be worth it.
>
> (30 minutes, geez, the candle dragon pic takes 30 minutes on my k6/2 333
> at 512x384)

I got sick of pix using media tying up my computer, so I dug my old 486-33
out of the closet.  The pic it is rendering now is flying along at about one
pixel per minute.  The final image (640*480) will take about 200 days to
render !!!!!

Eric

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was
convincing people he didn't exist..."
- Verbal Kent.
http://www.ametro.net/~ericfree